My mother thinks that I drink too much. When she accuses me of this, I purport to have no idea what she’s talking about. But I guess to be fair, I should take an un-biased look at a random week of my life. Let's take this week.

Sunday night – Work event, followed by a couple drinks.
Monday morning – tired, slightly hungover.

Monday night – Drip pool party at the Grace hotel. Super fun party with lots of hot boys (and girls) dancing, splashing and wearing nearly nothing.
Tuesday morning – exhausted, hungover, totally worth it.

Tuesday night – Last-minute invite from XJosh to see Rock of Ages with him, TightLips and EverybodyLovesAden. After that show, cocktails were REQUIRED. A drink at Barrage.
Wednesday morning – tired, no hangover.

Wednesday night – Cocktails at a work event, which impaired my judgment enough that afterward I agree to meet JBlo at The Ritz for the Rewind party. SO FUN – great mix of “retro music”, everything from the 70’s through the 90’s. Danced til 1am.
Thursday morning – exhausted, hungover.

Thursday night – work event, followed by a drink at Barrage.

Friday morning – Today. Tired, no hangover.

Friday night - The plan is a friend's birthday in the east village, which means drinks. The plan is also to not have too many, as Saturday morning I have to work.
Saturday morning - no doubt tired, hopefully not hungover.

Saturday night - friends are coming in from Philly. Must show them a rockin good time. No doubt involving lots and lots of cocktails.
Sunday morning - SLEEP IN (I deserve it.)

Sunday night - The Premiere Party of "Jonathan, Just Because" an internet short film by friends including Josh & Josh. I helped plan the party, which will be fabulous - and involve lots of cocktails.

So that is my week. Looking at this evidence, in a un-biased way, factoring in mathematical equations, deductive logic, and cute-boy-to-cocktail ratios, what is our conclusion? Is my mother right - do I drink too much? The verdict, of course, is no: I'm not an alcoholic. I'm a New Yorker.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Keep telling yourself that, hun.